Gilded Social Alterations & Wedding Dress Care Studio
101 mill street, suite 109, gahanna, ohio 43230
In partnership with Mary Ellen Metzger, owner and expert alterations specialist of Alterations & Sewing By M.E., we are so excited to offer alterations appointments at Gilded Social. Mary Ellen has over 30 years of alterations experience, so we know she’ll get your gown fitting exactly perfect.
Regardless of if you are a Gilded Social customer! How it works:
- Request an alterations appointment via the form below. You can request an appointment ANY time, but we recommend doing so at least a few months in advance of when you’ll need to have your first fitting to ensure that space is available. Generally, you should expect to have your first fitting 2-3 months prior to the wedding for bridal gowns OR 4 weeks prior to the wedding/event for all other garments. First fittings are generally scheduled on Saturdays, but Thursday appointments may also be available. For example: For alterations to a June wedding bridal gown, book by January for a first fitting in April!
- Once we receive your appointment request, a Gilded Social representative will call you to finalize booking your first fitting on Mary Ellen’s calendar. We will help you determine an appropriate time based upon the wedding or event date.
- At your fitting, you will book subsequent fittings and your pick up directly with Mary Ellen. Additional fittings and pick ups are generally scheduled on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Please note: Mary Ellen operates her own business entity. All alterations services are quoted by, executed by, and paid directly to alterations & sewing by M.E. We are just thrilled to share space with her!
Alterations Appointment Policies
- We ask that appointments that must be canceled or rescheduled be done so at least 24 hours ahead of time.
- Be sure to confirm your appointment via our automated text system! Appointments that are not confirmed by the time we open on the day of your appointment (hours listed below) may be asked to reschedule.
- Due to the nature of our schedule, appointments that arrive more than 15 minutes after their designated start time may be asked to reschedule. We want to be sure you get the full experience!
- We accept cancellations via our automated text system or direct communication (email, phone call, or text) from the person who booked the appointment. We do not accept cancellations via social media or third parties.
“Mary Ellen, Thank you so much for doing the alterations for my wedding dress and finding me the perfect veil! My dress looked like it was made for me! My entire wedding party and I all looked stunning! Your Work is flawless and like I said before, I will follow you where ever you go!”